Marketing is an important element to all businesses, whether Business to consumers (B2C) or business to business (B2B), as it focuses on the consumers’ needs.
It also enables businesses to reach their intended consumers with ease.
However, the B2B market has changed consumer behavior and buying decisions over the years.
Plus, the B2B marketing trends are very different from that of B2C marketing.
If you want to learn more about what sets them apart, keep reading.
This article will provide you with the latest B2B marketing statistics to know the trends to prepare for and how to market your business.
So, let’s get right to it.
B2B Content Marketing Statistics
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, over 90% of B2B site content has no backlinks to other sites.
- Content marketing was the most popular business-to-business marketing strategy in 2020.
- Highly successful B2B marketing teams spend about 40% of their total marketing budget on content marketing, a prevalent B2B marketing strategy.
- The leading five content marketing channels used by the most successful B2B companies are email (93%), social media (92%), blog posts (79%), real-life events (56%), and virtual events (55%).
- News-related blog posts and press releases are more successful at lead generation than educational content.
- Over 50% of B2B clients prefer to buy from companies that create their content.
- Over 80% of B2B marketers have email newsletters as their most utilized type of content marketing.
- It takes an average of over 3 hours for a company to create a blog post.
- The top-ranked content on Google has an average of 1447 words.
- Over 60% of B2B content teams create majorly top-of-funnel content, while about 30% create content for those in the middle of the funnel.
- Listicles get over 100% more shares than tutorial-style articles.
- Over two-thirds of B2B clients rank functionality and product specification as the most helpful content type.
- Developing brand awareness was the primary goal for most B2B companies utilizing content marketing.
- 80% of B2B consumers prefer articles over ads from potential B2B companies.
- Over 60% of successful B2B organizations have documented content marketing strategies.
B2B Email Marketing Statistics
- B2B email marketing has the highest return on investment; for every 1$ spent, they get at least 43$ back.
- Over 30% of B2B marketers believe email newsletters are an excellent way to develop leads.
- About 90% of B2B marketers trace email engagement as the top performing metric.
- Over 80% of marketing professionals use email marketing to share their content with others.
- B2B content marketing uses newsletters to inform subscribers about sales opportunities and other news.
- The average click-through rate for B2B emails is about 5%, and only one of five B2B emails gets opened.
- The major challenges of email marketing are click-through rates and open rates.
- The highest email open rates (about 19%) occur on Fridays.
- 35% of B2B marketers send up to 5 emails per week to their customers.
- According to over 60% of B2B marketers, sales intelligence can optimize email send times.
B2B Social Media Marketing Statistics
- Over 90% of B2B companies have a budget dedicated to content production.
- Social media is the most used content type, with 95% of B2B marketers using it.
- More than 80% of B2B businesses use influencer marketing to increase brand awareness.
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform among B2B marketers.
- B2B companies consider LinkedIn the second most popular social media platform, as 86% of B2B marketers use it.
- The majority of B2B leads from social media come via LinkedIn.
- More than 40% of B2B content marketing makes use of Instagram.
- Over 80% of B2B content marketers use Twitter to share their content.
- 1 in 3 B2B firms uses Twitter ads for content marketing.
- In 2021, 82% of B2B content marketers utilized Twitter for organic marketing.
- The average CPM for LinkedIn ads is $6.59; Twitter ads are $6.46; Facebook is $7.19; and Instagram is $7.91.
- The average cost per click rate on Instagram is $3.56.
- Over 60% of B2B marketers have seen a return on investment from social media paid ads.
- 6% of B2B companies use YouTube ads to increase brand awareness and traffic.
- 80% of B2B marketers use Google Ads to start advertising campaigns.
- Over 60% of B2B marketers use paid ads to share online content.
- 84% of B2B executives use social media to make buying decisions.
- Engagement and social ROI measures are the major challenges to social media marketing.
B2B Video Marketing Statistics
- B2B consumers spend more time on B2B sites due to video marketing.
- Over 80% of B2B marketers believe that video marketing aids lead generation and increase the B2B market conversion rate.
- 53% of companies use YouTube as their go-to video sharing platform.
- Over 70% of B2B companies state that video marketing increases ROIs.
- According to Google, 7 in 10 B2B consumers watch videos all through their sales journey.
- Over 80% of B2B-related video views are gotten via desktop.
- 86% of businesses utilize video marketing as it resonates the best with marketing audiences, followed by website content and blog post links.
- Over 40% of consumers found branded video content more interesting than the photo and written content.
- 60% of all videos created are user-generated videos.
- Videos shorter than one minute will be watched by more than half of the viewers.
- 30% of B2B marketers view their video marketing strategy as more important than their website.
B2B SEO Statistics
- 89% of B2B buyers use the internet to get information about prospective purchases.
- The average B2B buyer does over ten online searches before interacting with a website.
- 29% of Google search users only visit one page from the search engine results.
- The first search engine results page receives over 90% of traffic.
- 70% of traffic gotten by B2B marketers is organic search traffic.
- Organic search content marketing success creates about 40% of the revenue of B2B companies.
- B2B marketers are investing more in SEO as there was a 5% increase from 2020 to 2021.
- Over 70% of marketers use strategic keywords as their primary content marketing strategy.
B2B Marketing Automation Statistics
- Almost all B2B executives (92%) have an account-based marketing program.
- Over 75% of companies in 2021 reported that they are using automation.
- 68% of B2B companies use automation to master their business processes.
- A large percentage of B2B firms use HubSpot and Salesmate as their sales automation software.
- Email automation is a significant task that most B2B marketers handle.
B2B Web Development Statistics
- Web development was the top marketing area in 2020.
- 94% of users stated that the design of a website helped them to make a first impression about the company.
- Over 50% of B2B firms spend over half their budget on website development.
- More than 40% of potential B2B customers do not look for contact information online if it’s available on the company website.
B2B Marketing Teams Statistics
- 41% of B2B companies carry out their marketing activities in-house.
- According to Content Marketing Institute, half of all B2B teams outsource different content marketing activities.
- 50% of B2B businesses outsource content creation.
B2B Marketing Financial Statistics
- 25% of B2B companies allot only 5% of their total budget to marketing.
- B2B firms spend 26% of their marketing budget on content creation.
- The average spend on paid advertising in the B2B industry increases by 20% yearly.
- Over 40% of B2B companies plan to increase their content marketing spend.
- B2B companies in the mining and construction business allocate 2% of their total budget for marketing.
- B2B companies in the financial industry spend 14% of their total budget on marketing.
- B2B tech firms devote a quarter of their total budget to marketing.
- On average, large B2B companies have an annual marketing budget of $405,000; mid-size companies with $213,000 and small companies with $81,500.
B2B Buyers Marketing Statistics
- B2B buyers read an average of10 B2B content before making a purchase.
- More than 50% of B2B customers repeat their purchases.
- About 70% of company representations prefer digital interactions to real-life interactions.
- B2B buyers factor in fast delivery as their major deciding influence.
- 4 out of 5 B2B buyers use their mobile devices to carry out job functions.
- 70% of B2B clients report that their primary content source is from the B2B vendor website.
B2B Lead Generation Statistics
- 50% of B2B created content is focused on developing brand awareness.
- 86% of B2B companies use their website as their primary lead generation source.
- Over 30% of digital marketers in B2B firms believe email marketing is the best lead generation tool.
- More than 70% of B2B companies use lead conversion as a performance metric.
B2B Industry Statistics
- About 60% of the B2B market works exclusively digital.
- Over 80% of successful SaaS companies have an inbound marketing blog.
- 50% of high-tech B2B sales nowadays are digital.
- Stripe is the largest B2B financial services company.
- B2B manufacturing company sales increased by over 6% this year.
B2B Future Predictions and Trends
- The B2B e-commerce market is expected to reach $20.9 trillion by 2027.
- Over 60% of B2B companies are expected to increase their number of decision-makers in 2023.
- 66% of B2B buyers will switch to B2B companies that offer tailored quotes.
- Content Marketing Institute
- Marketing Charts
- Big Commerce
- Digital commerce
1 thought on “100 Important & Mind Boggling B2B Marketing Statistics”
I just like the helpful information you provide in your articles